You bought a desk and legs (from Nack) are looking to set it upright. Look for your leg type below to setup your desk.
IKEA Legs with Plate
See animation below
- Start with the desk with the top side down. If you have a hard floor, use the box or some kind of softer cushion to protect the finish of the desk top while you are attaching the legs.
- Unpackage each leg.
- Take plate with bulge facing out, align 5 holes with pre-drill on bottom of desk
- Carefully turn each screw as to not overtighten and strip the hole. We suggest a hand screwdriver. This also prevents stripping the head (which is easy to do).
- Adjust the leg height to match.
- Get some help to turn the desk upright.
Legs that you bought elsewhere
- The best option is if you can use our pre-drilled holes to mount your legs. Obviously, this doesn't work for most other leg types.
- The bottom of the desk is much more thin in the center than the outer border where there is multiple layers of wood meant for attaching legs. Roughly, place your screws 1.5" from the outside edge of the desk is best.
- Pre-drill your screws with a slightly smaller drill bit so as make the least damage possible.
- It is easiest to attach legs with the desk face down. If you have a hard floor, use the box or some kind of softer cushion to protect the finish of the desk top while you are attaching the legs.